How To Treat Insomnia Naturally
Sick and tired of feeling exhausted, overwhelmed and irritable through lack of sleep
99% of insomnia symptoms are actually caused by stress and or anxiety. So reducing your stress, learning to relax should be one of the most important changes you should be making in your life. But there is various approaches and some great natural remedies that can assist you through those nightmare nights when you just need to get some rest.
1. Start learning to relax and switch off, most sleep problems are caused by over stimulation
2. Create some healthier bedtime hygiene, most people do the most unhealthiest things before bed that affect their ability to fall off to sleep and to remain in a deep quality sleep.
3. Aromatherapy for Sleep- Aromatherapy and essential oils are a very popular alternative to help you unwind, relax and achieve deep quality sleep. But it is important you choose wisely many essential oils are relaxing but not all are sedating and as highly effective as others.
Vetivert is too me is one of the most sedating and extremely useful essential oils to use with those who are suffering chronic long-term sleep problems, insomnia. But used too much on its own it can increase drowsiness. But NYROrganics have solved this with a lovely Night Time Blend, of lavender, vetivert, rose, bergamot designed to help you drift off into a deep sleep.
Frankincense is a deeply relaxing, meditating oil that can aid sleep. It is extremely earthy, grounding with a balsamic scent. It has amazing skincare, rejuvenating and preserving qualities too, so gives a boost when applied to skin. I love the smell of frankincense pure essential oil and find it deeply relaxing and soothing, it helps induce more inner peace.
Lavender is an extremely popular oil and widely used essential oil in sleep products for most people it is relaxing but for some it is more a clarifier, I have always found lavender is more effective on clients when used with another essetial oil such as Ylang Ylang, Frakincense, Vetivert or Clarysage to help with sleep challenges. But lavender is a great all rounder for any holiday or home first aid kit, it one of the most cost effective products that can be used for many ailments, burns, bites, bruises, temperatures…and great for kids.
Clary sage can also be useful for sleep but its more often used for those with hormonal issues, pms, pmt, menopause, it can also curb addictions. Clary sage essential oil has a pungent smell but can really be helpful for pain relief especially cramps and msucular tension etc Again can be mixed with lavender.
Night Time Remedy Aromaball a soothing scent of essential oils blended to help you sleep; Lavender, Chamomile, Neroli, Rose …that can be applied easily to the temples, wrists, neck discretely and easily. Ideal to fit in pocket or handbag easily.
4. Herbal Teas for Sleep– Ingesting herbal teas that contain sedating and calming properties is an easy way to replace late night caffeinated, sugar or artificial drinks that can stimulate the body over half the night. These herbal teas are specifically designed to help you relax, unwind and sleep deeply.
Organic Nightime Tea is designed to help relax your mind, body and spirit encouraging a restful sleep. It contains a range of sleep inducing remedies including valerian and chamomile that are also reputed as a nerve tonic. Ingredients: Passion flower leaf*, Hawthorn flower*, Lime flower*, Valerian root*, Chamomile flower*. *Organically produced ingredient. Made with 100% organic ingredients. This is a vegan product.
Organic Calming Tea is designed to help you relax, calm down and unwind through the day. Insomnia and Sleep difficulties are mostly caused by anxiety and stress throughout the day. It is important in any Sleep Advice Program that the clients learns how to relax and switch off throughout the day, just not at night before bed. Ingredients: Lime flower*, Lemon balm*, Chamomile flower*, Passion flower leaf*, Skullcap*, Pink rose petal*.*Organically produced ingredient. Made with 100% organic ingredients. This is a vegan product
5. Body Clock’s – Body clocks encourage healthier more natural and healthier circadian patterns
Lumie BodyClock Iris 500 is designed to encourage healthier sleep patterns, more energy, recreates sunset and sunrise to help you drift off naturally and wake up gently.With two aromatherapy chambers, alarm clock, reading and nightlight options.
6. Muscle Relaxation Techniques and guided meditations used together are a powerful way to encourage the body and mind off the stress, worry or anxiety state. Check out the Sleep Therapy program which includes all the tips and techniques you need to eliminate Insomnia
Learn to eliminate the causes of poor sleep patterns with this highly effective sleep therapy program designed for insomnia sufferers. It is packed with useful tips including sleep therapy- relaxation techniques.
Available 24 hours a day for 60 days