Fibromyalgia Symptoms and Fibromyalgia Cause. Learn how to reduce your fibromyalgia pain and fibromyalgia inflammation so Fibromyalgia doesn’t completely overshadow your life and health.
What is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a common condition seen in women more than 7 times than men
Common fibromyalgia symptoms include
- musculoskeletal pain
- musculoskeletal inflammation
- muscle stiffness
- increased sensitivity to pain
- extreme fatigue
- sleep isues
- memory challenges
Now while mainstream medicine has not set treatment for fibromyalgia I have lived with Fibro for over 30 years and have managed to keep the pain and inflammation at a minimum.
Common Causes Of Fibromyalgia Symptoms
Fibromyalgia is very common in those suffering from post-viral or post-bacteria-related diseases such as Epstein Barr, Lyme Infection, surgery, trauma, stress, and a toxic lifestyle. Most people who have M.E. Myalgic Encephalomyelitis also have fibromyalgia symptoms but just because you have Fibro doesn’t necessarily mean you also have M.E. Fibromyalgia has been categorised as a syndrome while M.E as a disease. But recent research now suggests Fibromyalgia is actually an auto-immune condition.
There are many different opinions and research on the specific causes but we know things like diet, stress, and lifestyle can certainly increase the risk and heighten fibromyalgia symptoms. Many fibro sufferers can alsp struggle to detox efficiently.
Recent research in July 2021 with the University of Liverpool and the Karolinska Institute and Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience (IoPPN) demonstrated that a lot of the “symptoms in fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) are caused by antibodies that increase the activity of pain-sensing nerves throughout the body.”
Now this suggests “fibromyalgia is a disease of the immune system” that Fibromyalgia is an autoimmune disorder. Now to treat any immune disorder it is important to have a clean healthy balanced diet, avoid toxins as much as you can, and of course, find natural ways to reduce your pain.
Symptoms Of Fibromyagia
The main symptom of fibromyalgia is widespread pain all over the body and in key trigger points in certain areas of the body. So the pain of fibromyalgia is all over the musculoskeletal area and can be described as anything between a constant dull ache or extreme ache and inflammation. To be diagnosed with Fibromyalgia you normally have to Fibro Symptoms for at least three months and the specialist can clearly see pain and tension in key trigger points in the body.
How To Reduce Pain Of Fibromyalgia Symptoms
How to start reducing the pain and inflammation associated with fibromyalgia today.
- Eat a healthy clean diet as much as possible eliminate as much as you can artificial sweeteners, processed foods, sugar, alcohol, energy drinks. Make sure your not lacking in magnesium, magenisum deficiency can cause a variety of heath and muscular issues.
- Stay hydrated, proper hydration is an important aspect of the immune, endocrine, muscle and nerve system.
- Learn how to reduce and manage your stress, stress is known to compromise the immune system and other organs and bodily functions. That is why stress is know to increase the symptoms of many diseases, syndromes and health conditions.
- Learn how to manage and reduce your anxiety, anxiety increases your stress levels. Make sure you address any anxiety you have around your fibromyalgia symptoms.
- Learn how to relax, relaxation techniques especially PMR Progressive Muscle Relaxation Techniques are really helpful are reducing Fibro Pain I teach many different types of relaxation and stress management techniques suitable and safe for fibromyalgia sufferers in my Accredited Relaxation Therapist Training. Also my Golden Beach Guided Meditation and Muscle Relaxation Track is popular with Fibro Sufferers.
- Learn how to meditate. Meditation is a powerful way to help you not just relax but helps you find inner calm and inner peace no matter what you are experience in your life and body. Meditation can be very helpful at reducing pain levels.
- Learn how to sleep deeply. Quality sleep is an important part of our health and welbeing. Poor sleep can increase our anxiety, stress levls which in turn can increase our pain levels. Sleep Therapy is a vital part of our Relaxation Therapist Training.
- Gentle Exercise: Depending on your level of fibromyalgia and severity of M.E. some excercises are more suitable than others. As a lyme, fibro and M.E. sufferer some forms of exercise have been very detrimental to my health, some caused me very serious relapses to my health that lasted not just months but years. For those with M.E. and Fibro gentle forms of excercise such as chair yoga, gentle tai chi excercises can be helpful but start small and build up. Many fibromyalgia sufferers can tolerate certain types of excercise that severe M.E sufferers can’t. It is important to know your tolerance levels whilst not avoiding all forms of exercise.
- Reducing toxic ingredients in your environment such a stoxic cleaning products, toxic cosmetics, skincare and toxic make-up. A big challenge fibro sufferers have is often detoxification the last thing you need on your body or in your environment is toxic products, you maybe surprised how toxic some of the ingredients you have in your home and in your make-up bag.
- Use Essential Oils. There are so many essential oils that can help reduce pain, inflammation and help with sleep such lavender, sandalwood, clary sage, vetivert are very helpful at aiding sleep and reducing inflammation and pain.
- Warm Baths or Showers: To be honest I wouldnt be without a warm bath to help reduce my fibromyalgia symptoms, it really helps warm and relax the msucles, espom salt baths are great for fibromyalgia even better add a mixture of epsom salts with himalyan salts to your bath. If you don’t have a bath trying applying a magnesium spray to the body after a warm shower before going to bed, it not only helps reduces muscle pain but helps improve sleep.