Stress at Work
is well known to be one of the biggest causes of absenteeism in the workplace. Stress at work can be triggered by a variety of issues.
Common Causes of Stress At Work
Common causes of work stress include poor management skills; micro management, bullying, unrealistic demands or pressures. Employee stress costs business and organisations a great deal of money and inconvenience. In-fact 40% of work related illnesses in 2011/2012 were stress related according to the the LFS- Labour Force Survey. So Stress Management Programs for employees and management can seriously help reduce stress related absenteeism, poor performance.
9 Stress Tips To Alleviate Stress At Work
So if your feeling STRESSED AT WORK here is some valuable tips to Alleviate Occupational Stress from the Stress-Coach
1. Don’t Hide Your Head in the Sand. Don’t be ashamed that your feeling overwhelmed, everyone suffers from stress at some point in their life. Take action; avoidance, denial or suppression leads to more anxiety and chronic stress. So face the presenting challenge.
2. It’s good to TALK ! Communicate your feelings, your concerns to a loved one or a professional. This can help as a release and help you get another angle on the presenting difficulties.
3. Seek Professional Advice. If your not sure how to handle your presenting stressors, seek advice. Go to someone more experienced or qualified or professional. Don’t be ashamed to ask for help. There is many FREE SUPPORT services available if management are not supportive.
4. Focus On What You Can Do not on what you can’t. Empower yourself and others by seeing present achievements, positives and strengths.
5. Learn To Cushion Yourself from the impact of life and work stressors. Make sure you take regular breaks, if possible get out or away from your desk at lunch time. Do everything you can to make your day and working environment as comfortable as you can.
6. Humour. A good sense of humour, a laugh with a fellow colleague can really lighten the load. A bit of laughter helps boost those healthy happy hormones. Laughter can instantly reduce stress hormones that are flooding through tour system. A sense of humour increases stress resilience in the most serious of jobs and situations. Learn how to not take yourself and your work too seriously.
8. Suggest Stress Management Awareness Training, Stress Coaching or Counselling to Management. A better understanding of stress not only increases staff awareness of chronic stress issues. But often encourage’s healthier team building and tolernace between fellow workers. Which in turn helps minimise unnecessary stress.
9. Learn to Relax You Mind. Meditation is a simple effective way to relax your mind. Our simple less than 5 Minute Meditation is the perfect stress-busting tool for the office or stress at work. Relaxation techniques work more directly on mind and body, so are great at helping you get a good night sleep.
Fast-Effective Stress Busting Tool
- Takes less than 5 Minutes
- Most Popular Meditation Tool Of Approx 20 Years
- Also Quickest Anxiety And Stress Busting Tool