So how do you start by creating a more stress-free life?
The challenges of creating a more simpler stress-free life is that we are so conditioned in this life. We are so used to chaos and busyness that letting go of what isn’t healthy can be stressful. But the facts are every single one of us can make powerful yet simple changes towards a more stress-free life.
- List of Gratitude – I know this may not be what you expected but start listing all you have, yip. One of the biggest ways to a more simple stress-free life is to start focusing on what is really important. And to see clearer what you already have. Have you a home, running water, enough to pay the gas, electricity and food. Is your family healthy? In this list, focus on what you have and what you can do in your life, not what you can’t. In today’s society particularly in the west we take so much for granted. Many people think they are poor when in-fact they are rich. How many extra clothes, shoes or things do you own?
- List what you NEED – What truly make someone happy? Is it really netflix, designer clothes, latest mobile phone, your new car or home? Actually no when we go much deeper these things are fleeting and often bought from a place of not enoughness. Often we buy things because we unconsciously or consciously are trying to fill some emotional or egoic gap. Are you buying that dress, shoes so you can feel more accepted or loved? Do you want to appear more attractive, more respected or admired? It can be a nice experience to have beautiful things. But the biggest problem is more and more people are nearly killing them-self to achieve things that will never give them what they really need and want. Which is that deep acceptance and love for them self. When you get much deeper you begin to see what really matters. You soon recognise that all the material things in the world do not take away that deep emotional pain, that deep sense of lack. A major reason why so many people who have appeared to have everything are now downsizing their life.
- List what is IMPORTANT – What is really important to YOU? Is it your family, your values, ethics? Think back to your younger self, was there anything that was an integral part of you as a child or youthful self that has been lost? As adults we often get so lost in life. We begin to bend or fall into being what we think others want or need us to be? We change for our boss, partner, parents…What deep down is still important, what is still a dream? It is NEVER too late, Address it now. Most of us lose sight of the most simple things in life that gave us true pleasure. Sometimes as we get older, have kids or other responsibilities we get a reality check, that our kids health and happiness is far more than the fancy car, house and even our false friends- the Jones’s. The more you get clear on what is really important now, you start to let go of what is just superficial, what is just an external pressure.
- What You Do Want? – Begin by planning the type of life you really want and I am not talking merely about financial freedom. I am talking about what is important for your health and happiness and your heart. So many people think that financial freedom will give them health and happiness. And although money can help gives us freedom it is what is going in our core that creates a happier or healthier life. That is one of the reasons why many people who reach financial goals are still not happy or content. Some are so focused on the financial goal, they destroy their relationships or health in the process. Believing the new house or new job is the solution is one of the most common life illusions of life today. For too many people, the new job, the new house has been their biggest stressor and pressure.
- Start Listing What You Or Your Family Don’t REALLY Need – Now be brave, list all the things you own or have that if things drastically changed they wouldn’t be important. Don’t worry you aren’t going to eliminate everything ( unless you want to lol). This is about helping you open up your perception. Teaching you how get a bird’s eye view of your life. Think of all the things you may need to let go of, if you were emigrating. Or all the things a young family living the slums of India might look in awe of. Look at those little extra things you take for granted; subscriptions to Sky, netflix, apps, takeaway coffee or lunch. And then make a note of the cost of these in a year. Most people are quite surprised when they look at their local deli or costa coffee bill for their year.
- Start De-Cluttering – What physical things in your life do you need to let go of. What is adding extra chaos to your home, office space, garage space? This is something I need to constantly work on. I was brought up in a big family where we were taught to save things to be reused or recycled. Be honest, what do you really need, what do you really use, what is just gathering dust. If you could do with some extra cash, there maybe a few things you could sell. Let go of the old and free your energy up for the new
- List What You Need To Start Saying NO To – Maybe you need to start saying NO to extra hours or clients at work. Maybe you need to say no to other commitments that are exhausting and leaving you with no family time. Maybe you need to say NO to the things in your life that are not healthy or not of the best interest for your happiness. Say more no’s to that sweet treat or dessert, cigarette, glass of wine, addiction to facebook or that TV program.
- List What You Need To Say YES To – Although creating a simple-life is mostly about de-cluttering and eliminating. A simple life is also about balance and including things that really make you heart happy. Remember the best things in life are free; friends, family and love. List those activities that you and the kids love. Especially those activities that don’t cost a penny or very little. Start making the free fun things a priority over the things that are depleting you energetically and financially.
Need some help to clear what you want and what is important? Meditation and mindfulness can be a great start. A powerful way to get out of your head and into your heart and your soul’s guidance. The ability to slow down the mind and feel more calm, helps us make much better decisions. Check out my FREE Traditional Breath Meditation Course, even better sign up for my 28 Days of Meditation, Mindfulness & Stillness Program a powerful 28 day course. That will help you live more in the moment and let go of what is really not that important.