Do you know how to slow down or relax?
Do you know how to seriously switch off?
Really RELAX or have some ME TIME?
Most of us actually struggle to be grateful for the wonderful moment to moment experiences. Because we have been conditioned to place most of our focus on trivial distractions.
Look how much time and energy we spend on distractions such as online technology, social media, TV. How much energy and money we spend on shopping, vanity, gaining status, power, or career success. And so little time appreciating the moments, the people and beauty around us. The gifts of each day.
No wonder so many people are so unhappy and so unhealthy.
How Much Time Do You Spend Really Relaxing?
If you are like most people your main focus is in the future or the past. We are often so busy planning, wishing, goal setting, rather than simply appreciating, or even accepting. Because we spend so much time in fear, anxiety, stress, resistance.
Do You NEED To Learn How To Slow Down?
Why most of us need to learn how to slow down. We all need TIME out from the physical and mental hustle of modern-day pressures.No matter how much responsibility you have in your job, your caring, or parenting duties, we all need to switch off, relax, and just be. Our mind, body, and emotions need more balance and harmony.
We are not designed to be constantly overstimulated most of the day, every day. So it is more important than ever that you take some time out to stop. For optimum health and wellbeing, we all need time for self-care. Or we end up either burnt out physically, mentally, emotionally, or spiritually in a state of dis-ease. When we are children we find it so easy to relax but when we start suffering from chronic anxiety and stress we too easily forget.
That is why going to a Relaxation Therapist can be one of the best investments you ever make. Our Relaxation Therapists & Teachers teach a wide range of meditation, relaxation, anxiety, stress management tools to help you relax, unwind, sleep more deeply.
5 Tips To Help You Learn How To Slow Down
- STOP Rushing – everyone is always rushing, everything has a sense of urgency. The crazy thing is we often do things more effectively and timely when we slow down. And ask yourself this, is it really that important? is it really worth the stress? Will it be that important a year from today? A simple way to reduce your rushing is by placing STOP signs everywhere your desk, computer, fridge, car dashboard…then consciously count to 5 as you inhale and exhale.
- Take Regular Time Out – make sure you take time out from your working day, from household chores. Even a simple short walk at lunchtime or simply making sure you sit down at tea or lunch breaks encourages the body to slow down.
- Switch Off and Unplug– make sure you and your family have a curfew when you switch off computers, module devices, online games etc. Digital devices with led and blu ray play havoc with the bodies natural sleep hormones. So make sure you switch off at least 30 minutes before going to sleep and even better have times when mobile devices are not allowed e.g breakfast, dinner, family celebrations, sunday afternoon…
- Take Up A Relaxing Hobby take up a relaxing or therapeutic hobby that you love, this is a fun and easy way to help us slow down.
- Learn How To Relax Deeply – learn how to relax deeply and effectively, relaxation techniques are extremely powerful, one of the reasons so many therapists and coaches do our Certificated Relaxation Therapist Training
- Plan Out Relaxation Time– If taking time out is something you never do, it can seem a bit strange at first. But it gets so much easier when you have a plan. Begin by introducing simple time out strategies to your daily routine, your weekly routine, and then at least a few breaks every few months.
- Meditation Or Mindfulness – the right type of meditation or mindfulness skills can help us switch off from the doing or thinking state to the being state.
Remember to STOP working through lunch and tea breaks, STOP, and take the time out. Slow down, slow, and easy wins the race. You will feel so much calmer, stronger, more peaceful, and focused. And believe me, you make much better and wiser decisions. When you slow down it is far easier to be guided by your inner wisdom, your intuition.
When we don’t slow down or switch off regularly our mind, body, and emotions simply forget how to switch off. And your body remains in that anxious or stress response the not so pleasant “fight or flight response”
So stop and slow down each day, learn how to JUST BE in the moment, let go of tomorrow’s and the yesterday’s and focus on this moment right now in this day.
If you are a coach or therapist who would love to learn powerful relaxation and stress management skills used by stress experts, Eileen’s Online Relaxation Therapy Training is popular with many coaches and healers