7 Ways To Stop Anxiety Attacks
Learn Anxiety Expert Tips How To Stop Anxiety Attacks Without Pharmaceutical Drugs
Although panic attacks and anxiety disorders can be extremely frightening and debilitating, there are ways to manage and stop anxiety attacks
As someone who has treated many clients for anxiety challenges for nearly 2 decades, I regularly assure anxious clients they don’t just have to live with chronic anxiety or any type of anxiety or panic disorder.
Anxiety is a general feeling of unease, fear or worry to different degrees.
But Chronic anxiety is a seriously unhealthy habit or response to everyday life and challenges, a cycle that the mind body and emotion has got engaged into.
It can become seriously disabling impacting main areas of the chronic anxiety sufferer’s life
The key is to use a combination approach, some mind, body and emotional approaches, that help to cut off the anxiety cycle and re-train the mind, body and emotional response into a more balanced state.
7 Therapist Tips To Stop Anxiety Attacks
- Learn to Relax: learn to relax deeply so your mind, body and emotions can “switch off” from the “anxiety response” and “stress response”. Muscle Relaxation Techniques, when used correctly, are highly effective at encouraging the mind, body, and emotions into a deep state of relaxation. Techniques like PMR will not just manage chronic anxiety but stop anxiety attacks and panic disorders when practised daily for several weeks. Relaxing and therapeutic hobbies can be extremely helpful at reducing anxiety.
- Diaphragmatic Breathing: learn to breathe correctly,in-correct and unhealthy breathing patterns make you more prone to anxiety attacks. When we become stressed our breathing becomes faster and shallower, so if you are already a chest breather you are more likely to suffer from panic attacks or chronic anxiety. Deeper breathing reduces anxiety attacks and stress. When having a Panic Attack focus on dropping your shoulders this reduces chest breathing.
- Be In The Moment: learn to be in the moment, right here, right now. The right meditation techniques can help you be more in the moment not in the future not in the past. Anxiety attacks are often triggered by the past; such as an unpleasant memory or in the future; worrying about what may happen.
- Eliminate or Reduce Stimulants: stimulants such as caffeine, sugar, nicotine, alcohol, aspartame, even too much digital technology are more likely to induce anxiety and stress. Many foods and substances exacerbate the nervous system and keep it in a constant unhealthy state of hyperarousal, one of the reasons energy drinks are extremely harmful.
- Quality Sleep: good quality sleep encourages rest, relaxation, and restoration of the mind, body and emotions. It helps heal and nourish the nervous system. Eliminate blue light devices at night, so many mobile phones, computers and other digital devices have blu ray technology which impacts the bodies melatonin levels playing havoc with sleep and stress levels
- Healthier Thinking: CBT, Affirmations, and Mindfulness can help you move from unhealthy, negative thinking patterns which are often the main cause and continued triggers of many anxiety disorders.
- Bach Flower Essences: flower remedies are extremely powerful for various types of anxiety problems, if unsure of cause, Rescue Remedy or Recover Remedy can be extremely useful. For anxiety caused by Post Traumatic Stress, Star of Bethlehem can help release the initial trauma from the cellular memory other essences can be used to address underlying issues, that are reinforcing or continuing the anxiety cycle. This can be due to the person’s natural characteristics and vulnerabilities such as lack of assertiveness, sensitivity, shyness, lack of confidence. Here are some specific bach remedies for different types of anxiety Click Here
Most stress experts and relaxation therapists use the above strategies and teach you how to alleviate chronic anxiety.
If you are ready to conquer chronic anxiety for life FREE Your Life From Chronic Anxiety contains is an amazing self-study program that includes over £599 worth of tools, techniques used by anxiety therapists, psychologists, counsellors and healers. Only £199 Today Learn More If you would rather try out one of my smaller courses my 7 Days To Let Go of Chronic Anxiety And Stress is for you.