What Are The Health Benefits Of Relaxation Therapy?
The Health Benefits of Relaxation Therapy to treat stress, anxiety and insomnia are well recognised by the medical profession.
Relaxation Therapy is the safe and therapeutic use of highly effective self-help, mind, and body stress management techniques that encourage the body into deep stages of relaxation known as the “relaxation response”.
There is a lot of medical research demonstrating the wide health benefits of relaxation therapy. Relaxation therapy is powerful stress-relieving techniques used by experts around the world used. The right relaxation techniques help clients reduce chronic stress or anxiety on a daily basis. Relaxation techniques successfully assist the body off, the “stress response” otherwise known as the “fight or flight” response into a deeply relaxed state.
We know that stress can be the biggest killer of modern-day living. So any self-help techniques such as relaxation therapy that treat both the cause and symptoms of stress could be viewed as life-saving. And for any healer or therapist, these are highly valuable, profitable and powerful stress management skills that can be passed on to clients or organisations.
Health Benefits Of Relaxation Therapy In Stress Management
I love the fact that the Relaxation Therapist or Teacher teaches and motivates the client in empowering ways. Relaxation teachers and therapists help clients experience more peace, self-confidence, and improved wellbeing on a daily basis.
The Health Benefits Of Relaxation Therapy Are Many– here is a few
- Relaxation therapy moves the body from the stress response into the relaxed response which reduces dis-ease. We know STRESS is the biggest killer in modern-day life, when we can quickly move or body away from the fight or flight state into a state of peace we bring the body back into its natural healing state.
- Relaxation techniques help reduce insomnia, generally helping improve the quality of sleep. Deep sleep repairs and restores the body into health, it helps us feel refreshed, motivated and energised.
- Relaxation techniques reduce anxiety, most people are not just stressed but anxious and find it difficult to come off the chronic anxiety cycle. Relaxation therapy can seriously help eliminate and reduce anxiety disorders and panic attacks including PTSD.
- Relaxation therapy is extremely useful for reducing depression. Depression is often caused and increases because of stress, anxiety, trauma, our health and our negative, fearful view of the world. The right relaxation techniques chose carefully by a relaxation therapist can help reduce the trigger and contributing factors to any depressive state.
- Relaxation techniques can seriously reduce the symptoms and cause of pain and inflammation. Stress, anxiety poor posture and an imbalance in the body’s equilibrium increases muscle tension, pain and inflammation. Relaxation techniques teach the bodies muscles and body how to unwind, relax and become calm.
Here is more on the health benefits of relaxation therapy on an article written by the famous mayo clinic.
Despite being highly qualified in many disciplines of holistic therapies and stress management for over 20 years. Most of my work has involved teaching relaxation therapy- a variety of meditation, relaxation and stress management training programs to the health, education and charity sector.
The Relaxation Therapist or Teacher should be qualified in a variety of meditation, relaxation and stress management techniques which include sleep therapy. So they are confident enough to support, motivate and teach the client how to relax and let go of stress on a daily basis. When clients can manage and reduce their own stress, they not only feel calmer and content but have increased confidence. When clients can eliminate chronic anxiety, panic attacks and stress related sleep problems from their daily life, their health, happiness and well-being will improve greatly.
The health benefits of relaxation therapy are wide especially when it includes a wide range of relaxation techniques and approaches including meditation, breathing and sometimes movement therapy e.g. Autogenic Training, Breathing Techniques, Meditation Techniques, Mindfulness, Progressive Muscle Relaxation, Creative Visualisation or Guided Meditation, different styles of Meditation…
Muscle Relaxation Techniques work by relaxing the mind and body, techniques such as Autogenic Training and Progressive Muscle Relaxation begin by relaxing the muscles & nervous system in-turn relaxing the mind. Assisting the mind from our normal alert conscious state of Beta to Alpha a relaxed, calm state where both healing and learning cultivates most effectively. These techniques are commonly used as an aid in pain management, sleep therapy, anxiety or stress management and to help cope with chronic health challenges.
Muscle Relaxation Techniques like Meditation help reduce blood pressure, regulate the body’s nervous, immune system, endocrine system..the whole body is brought to balance. Breathing Techniques help eliminate hyperventilation and panic disorders.
Guided visualisation sometimes termed as guided meditation during deep healing can be cultivated in Theta level a deep state of relaxation associated with dreaming and in states of hypnosis. But like most therapies need to be taught properly to ensure client safety and therapy effectiveness.
You can learn powerful relaxation therapy skills to help you let go of stress or learn powerful meditation & relaxation skills to teach clients. Our Accredited Relaxation Therapy Training is a suitable stress management course for Individuals, Therapists, Healers, Coaches, Counsellors, Support Workers,
Our new updated online relaxation therapist training is available as certificated and non-certificated and is suitable for Individuals, Therapists, Healers, Coaches, Counsellors, Support Workers, Teachers…
To be a fully Qualified and Accredited Relaxation Therapist with us you need to undertake and pass our certification of completion, then go on to the next level which includes case studies and assessment.
Our training includes many topics including Stress Response, Relaxation Response, Breathing Techniques, Meditation, Mindfulness & Relaxation Techniques, Sleep Hygiene…
As well as Contraindications, Client Safety Guidelines, HAP & SMA., more Advanced Meditation & Relaxation Techniques, Safe effective use of Guided Visualisation & Creative Visualisation, Music for Relaxation, Setting the Scene, Sleep Therapy and more coming soon…
As an approved accredited training provider by the International Practitioners Holistic Medicine. You can have the assurance we at Stress Coach Training are experts in this field. Owner, Eileen Burns, Stress Coach has been studying meditation and relaxation therapy, stress management for over 20 years. Click here for more on Eileen Burns’s Qualifications and Experience
Sign up for my Free Webinar- Relaxation Therapist Training